Ozarks Mission (Compton, Arkansas, USA)
Ozarks Mission (Krimmer Mennonite Brethren [KMB]), located at Compton, Arkansas, was established under the Home Missions Committee and was begun in 1949, when Elizabeth Hofer and Anna Klassen came to Kingston, Arkansas. In 1959 the work was in charge of the William Ratzlaffs at Ponca and Compton, the J. D. Wiencks at Kingston and Elkhorn, and Elizabeth Hofer at Kingston. It consisted of Bible teaching in the school at Kingston, Sunday schools, prayer meetings, young people's work, and preaching services. In the late 1950s some 50 had been baptized, but no KMB congregations were organized. The local members organized themselves.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1113. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Ozarks Mission (Compton, Arkansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/ozarks_mission_compton_arkansas_usa.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1959). Ozarks Mission (Compton, Arkansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/ozarks_mission_compton_arkansas_usa.