Pinto Mennonite Church (Pinto, Maryland, USA)
Pinto Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located in Pinto, Allegany County, Maryland, a member of the Allegheny Mennonite Conference (formerly Southwestern Pennsylvania), was organized in 1927 with a membership of 46. D. H. Bender was the first Mennonite minister to preach in that community, about 1915. Milton B. Miller of Springs, Pennsylvania served as minister. Chester M. Helmick was ordained as minister in 1929, and the following year Robert P. Dayton was ordained to the ministry. The church building, a cement block structure that seats 250, was built in 1927. In the present (1957) membership of 100 there are representatives of ten denominations who have been received into fellowship. The ministers in 1956 were A. Lehman Longenecker and Chester M. Helmick.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 182. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Helmick, Chester M. "Pinto Mennonite Church (Pinto, Maryland, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/pinto_mennonite_church_pinto_maryland_usa.
APA style: Helmick, Chester M. (1959). Pinto Mennonite Church (Pinto, Maryland, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/pinto_mennonite_church_pinto_maryland_usa.