Pleasant View Mennonite Church (Millersburg, Ohio, USA)
Pleasant View Mennonite Church (formerly Pleasant View Amish Mennonite), located near Berlin, Holmes County, Ohio, a member of the Conservative Mennonite Conference, was organized in May 1912 with about 20 members under the leadership of Bishop John B. Zook. Ministers who have served the church are P. V. Yoder and Dan Miller. Ministers who have been ordained by this church are John Swartzendruber, Joe Schlabach, Abe J. Schlabach, M. J. Swartzendruber, and Harry Stutzman. In 1933 there was a split in the church and the congregation began again with 21 members. In 1945 the congregation organized another worship service in Wayne County, Ohio, north of Tragy Station on U.S. 30. In 1955 the combined membership of the two groups was 250, with Bishop Harry Stutzman and ministers Moses M. Miller, David L. Stutzman, and Andrew Stutzman in charge.
In 2011 the leading minister was Dennis Hostetler and the congregational membership was 182.
Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2011. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2011: 53.
Address: 3391 US Route 62, Millersburg OH 44654
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 191. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Stutzman, Harry J and Richard D. Thiessen. "Pleasant View Mennonite Church (Millersburg, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2012. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/pleasant_view_mennonite_church_millersburg_ohio.
APA style: Stutzman, Harry J and Richard D. Thiessen. (April 2012). Pleasant View Mennonite Church (Millersburg, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/pleasant_view_mennonite_church_millersburg_ohio.