Pulaski Mennonite Church (Pulaski, Iowa, USA)
Pulaski Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite Church), located 3 miles southwest of Pulaski, Davis County, Iowa, a member of the Middle District Conference, was organized in 1861. Christ Kropf and Christ Sharp from Indiana were the first preachers for the group, which was made up of Mennonite settlers from Canada, Ohio, Illinois, and Indiana. Meetings were held in homes and schools until the first church was erected in 1866. The second was dedicated in 1885, with extensive remodeling in 1914. Among those who have served were two pastors, Philip Roulet from Ohio and W. W. Miller from Indiana, whose two terms totaled more than 60 years. The pastor in 1958 was Kenneth Shelly, from Pennsylvania, with a membership of 154, mostly rural.
Address: 202 West Street, PO Box 100, Pulaski, IA 52584
Web site: http://www.pulaskimennonite.org/
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 231. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Swartzendruber, Victor E. "Pulaski Mennonite Church (Pulaski, Iowa, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/pulaski_mennonite_church_pulaski_iowa_usa.
APA style: Swartzendruber, Victor E. (1959). Pulaski Mennonite Church (Pulaski, Iowa, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/pulaski_mennonite_church_pulaski_iowa_usa.