Relief News Letter (Periodical)
Relief News Letter began as the Relief Trainees' News Letter, issued monthly February-October 1944; the title was then changed to Relief News Letter, and continued monthly until September 1946, with 32 issues. It was a mimeographed paper, 8½ x 11 in., with 8-10 pages plus a 4-page supplement, published by the Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) headquarters at Akron, Pennsylvania. The supplement featured book reviews and articles on foreign relief activities. The Relief News Letter had the following editors: John E. Bender, Irvin B. Horst, Ruth L. Hilty, J. Richard Blosser, Delbert L. Gratz, David A. Shank, and Ralph K. Bargen. The purpose of the Relief News Letter was to present news concerning the MCC foreign relief program to MCC Civilian Public Service men and other young people in training for relief service.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 284. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Byler, J. N. "Relief News Letter (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/relief_news_letter_periodical.
APA style: Byler, J. N. (1959). Relief News Letter (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/relief_news_letter_periodical.