Review, The (Periodical)
The Review was an illustrated periodical edited and published by H. P. Krehbiel starting in April 1899, as an 8-page monthly, 9x11 inches, at Canton, Ohio. It was transferred to Newton starting with the December 1900 issue, where it was published by the Western Book and Publishing Company, which was managed by H. P. Krehbiel. With the issue of August 1903 the paper was enlarged to11 x 14 inches. Starting with the December 1904 issue Krehbiel merged The Review with the Post und Volksblatt, which was in its 18th year of publication. In 1922 Krehbiel started the Mennonite Weekly Review. (Complete set of The Review in Mennonite Library and Archives, North Newton, Kansas)
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 308. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Krahn, Cornelius. "Review, The (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/review_the_periodical.
APA style: Krahn, Cornelius. (1959). Review, The (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/review_the_periodical.