Riverside Hutterite Colony (Arden, Manitoba, Canada)
Riverside Hutterite Bruderhof, known as the Riverside Hutterian Mutual Corporation, located one and one-half miles south of Arden, Manitoba, was founded in 1933 by a group from the Iberville Bruderhof, led by the preacher Paul Gross, who died in 1943. He was succeeded by John R. Hofer, who left with a group of families to found the Bloomfield Bruderhof at Westbourne, Manitoba. The minister in 1958 was John J. Hofer, chosen in 1949 and confirmed in 1957. The population in 1958 was 82, with 26 baptized members.
Daughter colonies of Riverside Hutterite Colony include: Bloomfield Hutterite Colony (Westbourne, Manitoba); Mayfair Hutterite Colony (Killarney, Manitoba); and Rolling Acres Hutterite Colony (Eden, Manitoba).
In 2012 the Riverside Hutterite Colony was a Schmiedeleut Group 2 colony. The minister was Elie Gross and the manager was David Hofer.
Location: Arden, Manitoba (coordinates: 50.251111, -99.261111 [50˚ 15′ 04″ N, 99˚ 15′ 40″ W])
Address: Box 278, Arden, MB R0J 0B0
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 345. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Decker, David, J. J. Hostetler and Bert Friesen. "Riverside Hutterite Colony (Arden, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2013. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/riverside_hutterite_bruderhof_arden_manitoba.
APA style: Decker, David, J. J. Hostetler and Bert Friesen. (March 2013). Riverside Hutterite Colony (Arden, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/riverside_hutterite_bruderhof_arden_manitoba.