Riverside Hutterite Colony (Glenwood, Alberta, Canada)
Riverside Hutterite Bruderhof of the Dariusleut group, located at Glenwood, Alberta, was founded in 1939 by Preacher Lorenz Tschetter (died 1957), who was chosen preacher in the Stand-Off Colony in 1933 and confirmed there in 1938. He was succeeded as leader of the Bruderhof by his brother Peter A. Tschetter who was chosen to the ministry here in 1944 and confirmed in 1948. In 1958 the number of souls in the Bruderhof was 104, the number of baptized members 47. Plans were under way for 50 persons of the Riverside Bruderhof to establish a new Bruderhof at Estuary, Saskatchewan, in the summer of 1958.
In 2012 the Riverside Hutterite Colony was a Dariusleut colony. The minister was George Tschetter and the manager was Joe Tschetter.
Location: Glenwood, Alberta (coordinates: 49.440556, -113.448056 [49° 26' 26" N, 113° 26' 53" W])
Address: Box 550, Fort Macleod, AB T0L 0Z0
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 345. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Decker, David, Mrs. P. A Tschetter and Bert Friesen. "Riverside Hutterite Colony (Glenwood, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2013. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/riverside_hutterite_bruderhof_glenwood_alberta.
APA style: Decker, David, Mrs. P. A Tschetter and Bert Friesen. (March 2013). Riverside Hutterite Colony (Glenwood, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/riverside_hutterite_bruderhof_glenwood_alberta.