Roden (Drente, Netherlands)
Roden, a town (1947 population, 6,596, with 48 Mennonites) in the Dutch province of Drente. Mennonites living here in 1937 formed a Fellowship (Kring), which was at first served by the pastor of the Den Horn congregation. In 1950 the circle joined the Groningen congregation and was under the care of the pastor of this congregation, from 1951 under Miss C. E. Offerhaus. In 1954 the circle organized as an independent congregation and built a church, which was dedicated on 6 March 1955. The Roden congregation in 1958 numbered 42 baptized members. It had a ladies' circle and a Sunday school for children. Miss Offerhaus served until 1957; since 1958 C. de Groot was pastor, serving also the recently established Haren congregation.
Doopsgezind Jaarboekje (1956): 33-36.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 350. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: van der Zijpp, Nanne. "Roden (Drente, Netherlands)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/roden_drente_netherlands.
APA style: van der Zijpp, Nanne. (1959). Roden (Drente, Netherlands). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/roden_drente_netherlands.