Rodenbach (Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany)
Rodenbach, a village near Grünstadt (coordinates: 49° 28′ 25″ N, 7° 39′ 6″ E) in the Palatinate, Germany, formerly belonging to the graviate Leiningen, in the 17th and 18th centuries, perhaps also earlier, the residence of several Mennonite families. In 1685 the Mennonite lists of Karlsruhe name 10 or 11 persons. Toward the end of the 18th century only two Mennonite families were left (Jansson and Christophel). The cemetery, which was laid out by the Mennonites, was used by Mennonites of the vicinity, members of the Altleiningen congregation, until the middle of the 19th century. The Mennonite Adressbuch of 1936 lists for Rodenbach only one Mennonite. Mennonites have occasionally also lived in two other villages named Rodenbach, both in the Palatinate—Rodenbach near Kaiserslautern and Rodenbach near Germersheim.
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 526.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 350. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Hein, Gerhard. "Rodenbach (Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/rodenbach_palatinate_germany-1.
APA style: Hein, Gerhard. (1959). Rodenbach (Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/rodenbach_palatinate_germany-1.