Rottmannshart (Freistaat Bayern, Germany)
Rottmannshart, a hamlet (population of 33 in 1959) near Manching, south of Ingolstadt, Bavaria, Germany, was the seat of a Mennonite congregation from 1891 to 1905. It was founded by Mennonites from Baden, and later transferred its seat to Ingolstadt. In 1956 an elder, Eduard Landes, and a preacher, Richard Landes, of the Ingolstadt congregation were living in Rottmannshart.
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 558.
Mennonitischer Gemeinde-Kalender (formerly Christlicher Gemeinde-Kalender) (1957): 90.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 374. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Crous, Ernst. "Rottmannshart (Freistaat Bayern, Germany)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/rottmannshart_manching_bavaria_germany.
APA style: Crous, Ernst. (1959). Rottmannshart (Freistaat Bayern, Germany). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/rottmannshart_manching_bavaria_germany.