Ruchheim (Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany)
Ruchheim, a village (population in 1959, 1,451; 6,143 in 2008; coordinates: 49° 28′ 27″ N, 8° 19′ 46″ E) in the district of Ludwigshafen, Germany, was settled by Mennonites of the Eppstein congregation in 1732. The deacon for Ruchheim was Ludwig Gross. In 1766 it was united with Erpolzheim, Friedelsheim, and Spitalhof; in 1787 united with Assenheim; in 1805 independent with Melchior Eberly and Johannes Wiesler as preachers, both ordained in 1775, and after 1790 as elders. In 1888 the Ruchheim congregation, together with Flomersheim, Hessheim, and Oggersheim, again belonged to the Eppstein congregation.
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon, 4 vols. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967: v. III, 559.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 375. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Crous, Ernst. "Ruchheim (Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/ruchheim_ludwigshafen_germany.
APA style: Crous, Ernst. (1959). Ruchheim (Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/ruchheim_ludwigshafen_germany.