General Sewing Circle Committee
General Sewing Circle Committee, the name applied to the committee supervising women's sewing circles in the Mennonite Church. In the 1932 Mennonite Year-Book, the name appears for the first time, replacing the earlier Women's Missionary Committee. In 1947 the General Sewing Circle Committee became the Women's Sewing Circle Organization and in 1955 the latter became the Women's Missionary and Service Auxiliary.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 508. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Gingerich, Melvin. "General Sewing Circle Committee." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/sewing_circle_committee.
APA style: Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). General Sewing Circle Committee. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/sewing_circle_committee.