Shisler Mennonite Church (Sherkston Shores, Ontario, Canada)
The Shisler Mennonite Church, located in Humberstone Township, Welland County, Ontario, was one of two points where the Mennonite Brethren in Christ worshiped in 1880-1900. The church was located a few miles west of the Sherkston Mennonite (MC) Church in Bertie Township and close to Lake Erie at Shisler's Point (now Sherkston Shores). The membership was small. Ministers from the Twenty, 40 miles (65 miles) north, usually supplied. Organized work was discontinued about 1900 and the church was disposed of to the Brethren in Christ (Tunkers). After the Brethren bought the Sherkston (MC) church in 1931 they sold the Shisler church.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 516. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Fretz, Joseph C. "Shisler Mennonite Church (Sherkston Shores, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/shisler_mennonite_church_sherkston_shores_ontario_canada.
APA style: Fretz, Joseph C. (1959). Shisler Mennonite Church (Sherkston Shores, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/shisler_mennonite_church_sherkston_shores_ontario_canada.