Spat Zentralschule (Spat, Crimea, Ukraine)
Spat Zentralschule was opened in the Spat Mennonite settlement in 1906, when an impressive school building with three teachers' residences was completed. The school differed from other Zentralschulen in that it was coeducational. The first teachers were Cornelius Janzen, Franz Ediger, and Daniel Enns. Later Cornelius Lehn and Heinrich Ediger taught the school. In addition to this Zentralschule, the Crimean Mennonites also had the Karassan Zentralschule. Among its teachers were Karl Friedrichsen, K. Bergmann, and J. Loetkemann. For a time Karassan also had a girls' school.
Goerz, H. Die mennonitischen Siedlungen der Krim. Winnipeg, 1957: 47 ff.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 592. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Krahn, Cornelius. "Spat Zentralschule (Spat, Crimea, Ukraine) ." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/spat_zentralschule.
APA style: Krahn, Cornelius. (1959). Spat Zentralschule (Spat, Crimea, Ukraine) . Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/spat_zentralschule.