Spring Valley Mennonite Church (Kenmare, North Dakota, USA)
Spring Valley Mennonite Church (MC), a rural congregation, now extinct, located at Kenmare, Ward County, North Dakota. In 1899 D. B. Kauffman moved from Cass County, Missouri, with team and covered wagon and homesteaded, followed in 1900 by four other families. In 1904 a congregation was organized and D. B. Kauffman ordained minister. He served until 1919. In 1905 the church was built and dedicated. In 1921 J. L. Lehman was ordained minister and served until his accidental death in 1928. Archie Kauffman was ordained minister in 1929 and served until 1936. The largest membership was 62 in 1933. Because of dry years all had moved away by 1940, and later the church building was sold. During the 35 years, 90 were baptized and received into the church. Of this number six were ordained ministers and one a bishop.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 602. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Kauffman, Floyd. "Spring Valley Mennonite Church (Kenmare, North Dakota, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/spring_valley_mennonite_church_ward_county_north.
APA style: Kauffman, Floyd. (1959). Spring Valley Mennonite Church (Kenmare, North Dakota, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/spring_valley_mennonite_church_ward_county_north.