Stahlville Hutterite Colony (Rockyford, Alberta, Canada)
Stahlville Hutterian Bruderhof, near Rockyford, Alberta, was founded in 1918 by the brotherhood of Lewistown, Montana. Their preachers in 1947 were Johann Stahl, chosen in Montana in 1917 and confirmed in Canada in 1924, David Waldner, chosen in 1933 and confirmed in 1938, and Elias Stahl, chosen in 1944. In 1950 this Bruderhof, belonging to the Dariusleut, numbered 75 baptized members.
In 2012 the Stahlville Hutterite Colony was a Dariusleut colony. The minister was Martin Waldner and the manager was Elias D. Waldner.
Location: Rockyford, Alberta (coordinates: 51.306111, -113.270278 [51° 18' 22" N, 113° 16' 13" W])
Address: Box 249, Rockyford, AB T0J 2R0
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 609. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "Stahlville Hutterite Colony (Rockyford, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2013. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/stahlville_hutterian_bruderhof_rockyford_al1fberta.
APA style: Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (April 2013). Stahlville Hutterite Colony (Rockyford, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/stahlville_hutterian_bruderhof_rockyford_al1fberta.