Woodland Mennonite Church (Basye, Virginia, USA)
Woodland Mennonite Church (formerly Woodland Tabernacle) is a Mennonite (Mennonite Church) rural mission church 4 miles north of Orkney Springs, near Jerome, Shenandoah County, Virginia, founded in 1920 under the Virginia Mennonite Conference. An inexpensive building was erected here in 1944 to care for the work that was formerly carried on at the Lindamood schoolhouse. The membership here is the outgrowth and remnant of the Powder Spring congregation, which was located several miles south of this place. The membership in 1958 was 22, with James E. Gross (1900-1963) in charge.
Address: 3715 Alum Springs Road, Basye VA 22810
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 977. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
MLA style: Showalter, Timothy. "Woodland Mennonite Church (Basye, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/woodland_mennonite_church_basye_virginia_usa.
APA style: Showalter, Timothy. (1959). Woodland Mennonite Church (Basye, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/woodland_mennonite_church_basye_virginia_usa.