Aldboro Mennonite Church (Clachan, Ontario, Canada)
This "preaching appointment" met in a schoolhouse several kilometers east of Clachen, Elgin County, Ontario. The appointment was first listed in the Mennonite Conference of Ontario Calendar of Appointments in 1874 as a monthly meeting. Some time later, services were held every two weeks. In 1880 Aldboro alternated with Mosa in the Calendar.
Henry McKay was ordained as a minister for the Aldboro/Mosa communities in 1874 and Peter King (Koenig) was ordained as deacon. Communion services continued in the community for over 25 years.
Burkholder, L. J. A Brief History of the Mennonites in Ontario. Kitchener, ON : The Mennonite Conference of Ontario, 1935: 123.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 42. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Fretz, Joseph C. "Aldboro Mennonite Church (Clachan, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/A439.html.
APA style: Fretz, Joseph C. (1953). Aldboro Mennonite Church (Clachan, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/A439.html.