Aylmer Evangelical Mennonite Mission Church (Aylmer, Ontario, Canada)
The Aylmer Evangelical Mennonite Mission congregation began services in 1966, and formally organized in 1967. The first building was occupied in 1967, with a subsequent building program in 1981. David Friesen is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference among Old Colony Mennonites.
The church is located two miles east of Aylmer. Interim Pastor Ken Wideman served in 2009 as a congregational leader. In 1975 there were 108 members. The language of worship is German and English; the transition from German began in the 1970s.
Canadian Mennonite (4 April 1967): 1.
EMMC Recorder (April 1981): 7; (May 1981): 1.
Hoeppner, Jack. Search for Renewal: the Story of the Rudnerweider/Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference 1937-1987. 1987.
Address: Box 234, Aylmer, ON N5H 2R9
Denominational Affiliation: Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Aylmer Evangelical Mennonite Mission Church (Aylmer, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 1989. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/A942.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (March 1989). Aylmer Evangelical Mennonite Mission Church (Aylmer, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/A942.html.