Bellwood Mennonite Church (Milford, Nebraska, USA)
The Bellwood Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), Milford, Nebraska, was organized in November 1957 by approximately 13 families of the Milford Mennonite community. After meeting in a grocery store, school house, and in homes, the congregation purchased land in the Bellwood section of Milford, Nebraska, from which came the name Bellwood Mennonite Church. The new building, begun in 1958, was dedicated in March 1959. The 1959 membership was 70, with Ivan R. Lind serving as pastor. In 2009 the pastor was David Miller; the membership was 206.
"History." Bellwood Mennonite Church. Accessed 10 July 2007. <http://www.bellwoodmennonitechurch.com/Home/History/>
Address: 520 B Street, Milford, Nebraska
Website: Bellwood Mennonite Church
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1064. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Gingerich, Melvin. "Bellwood Mennonite Church (Milford, Nebraska, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B44655.html.
APA style: Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Bellwood Mennonite Church (Milford, Nebraska, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B44655.html.