Bethany Christian Schools (Goshen, Indiana, USA)
Bethany Christian Schools (originally Bethany Christian High School (Mennonite Church), founded in 1954, is owned and operated by a board of directors appointed by the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference. It has a campus of 12 acres located at 2904 South Main Street, Goshen, Indiana, one mile south of Goshen College. In 1959 it had a new building containing classrooms, library, chapel, and gymnasium, and a remodeled building with classrooms and cafeteria. John S. Steiner was the founding principal. In 1958-59 the enrollment was 235, with a faculty of 12 teachers.
The program was expanded to include a middle school in 1996, resulting in the change to the later name.
"About Bethany." Bethany Christian Schools. Accessed 15 January 2011. http://www.bethanycs.net/about/
Address: 2904 South Main Street, Goshen, Indiana 46526
Website: Bethany Christian Schools
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1064. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Bethany Christian Schools (Goshen, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B48446.html.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1959). Bethany Christian Schools (Goshen, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B48446.html.