Black Mountain Mennonite Church (Chinle, Arizona, USA)
Black Mountain Mennonite Mission (part of Mennonite Church until about 2006), Chinle, Arizona, was established in 1953 as a mission among the Navaho People by the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities. In 1958 it had 13 members, with Stanley Weaver as pastor. In 2006 it was a member of the United Native Ministries Churches. After United Native Ministries ended it became part of the Anabaptist Native Fellowship. In 2006 it had 13 members; Daniel Smiley was the minister.
"Anabaptist Native Fellowship." Harvest Fellowship of Churches. 2009. http://www.harvestfellowshipofchurches.org/module17.html (accessed 20 August 2009)
Anabaptist Native Fellowship. Newsletter. (November 2008). http://www.harvestfellowshipofchurches.org/pictures/ANFfall2008Newsletter--pg.1-4.pdf (accessed 20 August 2009).
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1066. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. and Sam Steiner. "Black Mountain Mennonite Church (Chinle, Arizona, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 2009. Web. 26 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B5482.html.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. and Sam Steiner. (August 2009). Black Mountain Mennonite Church (Chinle, Arizona, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B5482.html.