Braeside Home (Preston, Ontario, Canada)
Braeside Home was a home for the aged that served the Mennonite Conference of Ontario and the local community, with a capacity of 25 guests. It was established 1 May 1943 in the town of Preston, Ontario, and placed in charge of a superintendent and matron, John A. and Dora Cressman. The formal opening and dedication was held on 1 June 1943. The deed for the property was held by the Mennonite Conference of Ontario. A management board, consisting of five brethren appointed yearly, with the superintendent as a nonvoting member, was responsible for its operation.
In 1956, the Fairview Mennonite Home, also in Preston (later Cambridge), Ontario, opened and the Braeside facility was closed.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 400. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Cressman, John A. "Braeside Home (Preston, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 18 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B7343.html.
APA style: Cressman, John A. (1953). Braeside Home (Preston, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B7343.html.