Breslau Evangelical Missionary Church (Breslau, Ontario, Canada)
The Breslau Evangelical Missionary congregation began services about 1855, and formally organized 26 April 1884. The first building was occupied at that time with a seating capacity of about 200. Solomon Eby is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through division from the Mennonite Conference of Ontario in the 1850s.
Pastor Todd Brown served in 2009 as a salaried congregational leader. In 1948 there were 82 members; in 1975, 84; in 1985, 100; in 2000, 78. The congregation has been affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren in Christ since 1883, and currently with the Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada. The language of worship is English.
Mennonite Encyclopedia. "Breslau."
Breslau Missionary Church, 1882-1982, 100th Anniversary. Breslau, ON: The Church, 1982, 32 pp.
Address: 102 Woolwich Street South, Breslau, Ontario
Denominational Affiliation: Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 421. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Colley, John W. and Marlene Epp. "Breslau Evangelical Missionary Church (Breslau, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. December 1986. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B7443.html.
APA style: Colley, John W. and Marlene Epp. (December 1986). Breslau Evangelical Missionary Church (Breslau, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B7443.html.