Burns (Kansas, USA)
Burns, (1950 population 330; 2000 pop. 268) is located in southeast Marion County, Kansas. Mennonites settled in this community only in the late 1930s. The General Conference Mennonite Church, with their church building located about two miles northwest of town, and the Church of God in Christ Mennonite, with their building in town, were represented in 1950 with about 35 families each. Most families lived south and west of town. Practically all were farmers in the 1950s.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 478. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Gossen, Henry W. "Burns (Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 26 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B856.html.
APA style: Gossen, Henry W. (1953). Burns (Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/B856.html.