Chesley Lake Camp (Allenford, Ontario, Canada)
Chesley Lake Camp is located near Allenford, Ontario. Purchased by members of the Mennonite Conference of Ontario (Mennonite Church) in 1947, the site comprised 40 acres and had a chapel and cabins. Beginning in 1948 the camp had had a varied program of summer activities, including boys', girls', and young people's camps. These discontinued as other Mennonite camping programs in Ontario were established, and the camp focused more on recreational activity and provision of summer cottages.
Address: 78 Camp Road, Allenford, Ontario
Website: Chesley Lake Camp
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 553. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Gingerich, Melvin. "Chesley Lake Camp (Allenford, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C46065.html.
APA style: Gingerich, Melvin. (1953). Chesley Lake Camp (Allenford, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C46065.html.