Christian Living (Periodical)
Christian Living began as a 48-page monthly magazine for home and community. It was a merger of the Christian Monitor (1909-1953) and the Mennonite Community(1947-1953). Its first issue, January, 1954, was published by the Mennonite Publishing House, Scottdale, Pennsylvania. The initial editorial staff consisted of Millard Lind, editor, Daniel Hertzler, John A. Hostetler, and Alta Mae Erb. Circulation was 14,000 in 1953. Publication ended in December 2002 because of declining subscriptions. From 1994-2002 it had been published eight times per year.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 582. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Bender, Harold S and Sam Steiner. "Christian Living (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2005. Web. 18 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C47986.html.
APA style: Bender, Harold S and Sam Steiner. (2005). Christian Living (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C47986.html.