Christian Witness (Periodical)
Christian Witness was a 16-page biweekly publication of the Krimmer Mennonite Brethren Conference, first published in January 1941 for the purpose of informing its members of the work of the churches and the activities of the conference and its missionary endeavors. Devotional meditations and sermonettes were printed to provide food for spiritual growth. William J. Johnson, Hillsboro, Kansas, became editor in October 1948. Before this, J. H. Klassen, Rachel Wiebe Hiebert, and A. L. Friesen served as editors. The publication was printed by the Salem Publishing House, Inman, Kansas. The last issue was published in vol. 20, no. 26 (22 December 1960) after a merger with the Mennonite Brethren Church was completed.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 583. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Johnson, William J. "Christian Witness (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1960. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C4809.html.
APA style: Johnson, William J. (1960). Christian Witness (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C4809.html.