Christliche Volksblatt, Das (Periodical)
Das Christliche Volksblatt was a 4-page, biweekly 15 x 22 in. German religious journal, edited by John H. Oberholtzer, first issue 30 July 1856. It followed the Religiöser Botschafter, which had been started by Oberholtzer in the same town in 1852. The first paper had been a private venture, while Das Christliche Volksblatt was published by a stock company, the Mennonitischer Druck-Verein, Milford Square, Pennsylvania. In January 1867 the name was changed to Der Mennonitische Friedensbote, and under this name continued until 1882, when it was merged with Zur Heimath to become the Christlicher Bundesbote. These papers were forerunners of the later official periodicals of the General Conference Mennonite Church.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 584. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Shelly, Paul R. "Christliche Volksblatt, Das (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C48125.html.
APA style: Shelly, Paul R. (1953). Christliche Volksblatt, Das (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C48125.html.