Church and Sunday School Hymnal
Church and Sunday school hymnal was compiled by committees appointed by the Ohio and Virginia conferences of the Mennonite Church. The editorial work was done by J. D. Brunk. The book was published in octavo, with shaped notes, also in word edition, by an J. S. Shoemaker, Freeport, Illinois, in 1902. It was turned over to the Mennonite Publishing House, Scottdale, Pennsylvania, in 1908. It contained 412 numbers, with appendix of 50 German hymns in words only. In 1911 a supplement of 120 numbers was added.
At the end of the twentieth century the Church and Sunday school hymnal still remained in print.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 598. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Erb, Paul. "Church and Sunday School Hymnal." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 18 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C4829ME.html.
APA style: Erb, Paul. (1953). Church and Sunday School Hymnal. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C4829ME.html.