Crosshill Mennonite Church (Millbank, Ontario, Canada)
Crosshill Mennonite Church began services in 1949, and formally organized in 1970. The first building was occupied in 1949. The congregation originated through division from Maple View Mennonite due to congregational size. It was part of Maple View Mennonite Church's membership prior to 1970 when it was known as the Wellesley Amish Mennonite congregation.
In 1949 the congregation purchased the former Boyd's Presbyterian Church built in 1888. An addition was built in 1971. In 2006 the congregation completed a new facility that provides accessible space for more congregational and community activities. The language of worship is English.
The leaders of the congregation have been Stevanus Gerber (1970-1985), Raymond Erb (1986-1994), and James Gerber (1995- ).
Mennonite Reporter (20 March 1989): 13; (12 July 1993): 12.
Steinman, Patti. "The history of Crosshill Mennonite Church," Research paper, Canadian Mennonite Bible College, 1983, Mennonite Heritage Centre.
Church records at Mennonite Archives of Ontario.
Mennonite Heritage Centre Archives, Winnipeg, Manitoba: Volume 4606.
Address: 2537 Hutchison Road RR 1, Millbank, ON N0K 1L0
Western Ontario Mennonite Conference (1970-1988)
Mennonite Church (1970-1999)
Mennonite Conference of Eastern Canada (1988-present)
Conference of Mennonites in Canada / Mennonite Church Canada (1995-present)
Crosshill Mennonite Church Membership
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. "Crosshill Mennonite Church (Millbank, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. July 2011. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C7673.html.
APA style: Fretz, Joseph C. and Marlene Epp. (July 2011). Crosshill Mennonite Church (Millbank, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/C7673.html.