Dallas Evangelical Bible Church (Dallas, Oregon, USA)
Dallas Evangelical Bible Church (formerly known as the Dallas Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church), located in Polk County, Oregon, had a membership of 466 in 2004. The first Evangelical Mennonite Brethren settlers moved into the area in 1890, and in 1912 the first pastor was installed. The first church, built in the country, was dedicated in 1917. In 1924 the congregation moved to the town of Dallas and built a new sanctuary on Miller Avenue. They constructed a new building on Howe Street, adjacent to the old one, in 1948-1949. This building was significantly remodeled in 1969-1970.
Ministers who served the congregation through 2007 were Solomon S. Ediger, 1912-1920; H. H. Dick,1920-1927; John J. Schmidt, 1927-1928; J. H. Quiring, 1928-1941; D. P. Schultz, 1941-1947; A. C. Wall, 1947-1948; A. P. Toews, 1948-1952; Arno Wiebe, 1953-1961; Allan Wiebe, 1962-1968; Pete Unrau, 1969-1977; Al Tschiegg, 1977-1981; Lee Fielder, 1982-1986, and Jerry Franz, after 1987.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 4. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Toews, A. P. and Kevin Enns-Rempel. "Dallas Evangelical Bible Church (Dallas, Oregon, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 2007. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/D2450.html.
APA style: Toews, A. P. and Kevin Enns-Rempel. (2007). Dallas Evangelical Bible Church (Dallas, Oregon, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/D2450.html.