Eden Mennonite Church (Burns, Kansas, USA)
The Eden Mennonite Church (formerly Eden Church of God in Christ Mennonite Church), Burns, Kansas, was formerly known as the Burns church. The congregation sold its meetinghouse in the town of Burns in the early 1950s, and built a new meetinghouse south of the town, at which time it changed its name to Eden. In 1955 the membership was 174, with Norman M. Eicher, Dennis Smith, and A. Koehn as ministers.
In 2009 the membership was 168. The pastors were Roland Koehn, Lowell Koehn and Vernon Koehn. The church also operated the Eden Christian School.
Address: 14963 N.W. Boyer Road, Burns, Kansas
Denominational Affiliation: Church of God in Christ, Mennonite
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 146. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: "Eden Mennonite Church (Burns, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/E350.html.
APA style: (1956). Eden Mennonite Church (Burns, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/E350.html.