Edson Mennonite Church (Edson, Alberta, Canada)
6212 13th Ave., Edson, AB, T7E 1S2. (780) 723-4218. Minister Robert J. Crosland served in 2000 as a congregational leader. In 1965 there were 24 members; in 1975, 24; in 1985, 30; in 1995, 41; in 2000 39. The congregation has been affiliated with the Northwest Mennonite Conference and the Mennonite Church. The language of worship is English.
The congregation began services in 1950, and formally organized in 1962. The first building was occupied in 1958. Eldon Zook is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by Irwin Martin and Northwest Mennonite Conference.
Mennonite Reporter (11 January 1982): 13.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Edson Mennonite Church (Edson, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. July 1986. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/E372.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (July 1986). Edson Mennonite Church (Edson, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/E372.html.