Église Chrétienne Évangelique de Saint-Donat (St. Donat, Quebec, Canada)
In 1976 David Franco began planing a church in St-Donat, north of Ste-Agathe in the Laurentians. Jean-Victor and Annie Brosseau, both graduates of Institut Biblique Laval, arrived in April 1979. At first members of L'Église Chrétienne Évangelique were registered with the Église Chrétienne de Saint-Jérôme congregation, but in November 1980 the church was organized with 20 members. In 1982 a vacant restaurant was purchased and renovated. The congregation was located at 1205, rue Principale, St-Donat.
In 1999 the congregation was transferred to the care of the Christian and Missionary Alliance, as that denomination had a nearby congregation in Ste. Agathe that could provide support.
Album II: protestantisme française en amerique du nord. Montreal: L'Aurore, 1988.
Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies. "St. Donat MB Church Archives." Web. 19 September 2010. http://www.mbconf.ca/home/products_and_services/resources/published_genealogies/mb_provincial_conferences_and_church_congregation_records/quebec_archives/st_donat_mennonite_brethren_church_archives/.
Mennonite Brethren Herald (27 May 1988): 58; (3 December 1999): 11.
Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies, Winnipeg, MB: Volume 578.
General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches (1981-1999)
Église Chrétienne Évangelique de St-Donat Ministers
Église Chrétienne Évangelique de St-Donat Membership
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Thiessen, Richard D. "Église Chrétienne Évangelique de Saint-Donat (St. Donat, Quebec, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 2010. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/E443.html.
APA style: Thiessen, Richard D. (September 2010). Église Chrétienne Évangelique de Saint-Donat (St. Donat, Quebec, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/E443.html.