Elim Mennonite Church (Niverville, Manitoba, Canada)
The Elim Mennonite congregation in Niverville, Manitoba began services in 1967. The first building was occupied in 1969, with a subsequent building program in 1986. Alfred Schroeder and Isaac Krahn are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through division from Niverville Mennonite Church. Elim was an independent congregation from its inception until 1983 when it joined the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference.
In 2000 the congregation had 155 members. The language of worship was English.
After a number of years of working together, Elim Mennonite and Niverville Mennonite merged to form Niverville Community Fellowship on 1 January 2009.
EMMC Recorder (Oct. 1986): 1.
Heppner, Jack. Search for Renewal: The Story of the Rudnerweider/Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference, 1837-1987. Winnipeg: EMMC, 1987.
Niverville Community Church. "Church Story." Web. 1 July 2010..
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Epp, Marlene and Richard D. Thiessen. "Elim Mennonite Church (Niverville, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. July 2010. Web. 19 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/E527.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene and Richard D. Thiessen. (July 2010). Elim Mennonite Church (Niverville, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/E527.html.