Eyebrow Mennonite Church (Eyebrow, Saskatchewan, Canada) (1954-)
The congregation began services and formally organized in 1954. The first building was occupied in 1955, with a subsequent building program in 1980. David Bueckert and Bernhard Rempel are considered the founding leaders of the group. The congregation originated through division from Eyebrow Mennonite Church due to personality conflicts and revivalism. The last German services were held in 1969.
Lay leader Dave Bueckert served in 1995 as a congregational leader. In 1965 there were 35 members; in 1975, 31; in 1985, 30; in 1995, 24; in 2000, 25. The language of worship is English; the transition from German occurred in the 1960s.
Church records at Mennonite Heritage Centre.
Address: Box 75, Eyebrow, SK S0H 1L0
Location: Located on Assiniboia Street.
Website: Eyebrow Mennonite Church
General Conference Mennonite Church (1956-1999)
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Eyebrow Mennonite Church (Eyebrow, Saskatchewan, Canada) (1954-)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/E97.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (February 1989). Eyebrow Mennonite Church (Eyebrow, Saskatchewan, Canada) (1954-). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/E97.html.