Eyebrow Mennonite Church (Eyebrow, Saskatchewan, Canada) (1926-1972)
Eyebrow, Saskatchewan. Located six miles west of Eyebrow, five miles south of Tugaske. In 1965 there were 20 members. The congregation dissolved in 1972. It had been affiliated with the Conference of Mennonites in Canada since 1929. The language of worship was German.
The congregation began services in 1926, and formally organized in 1928. The first building was occupied in 1946. Johann J. Martens is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union.
The congregation was previously known as Eyebrow-Tugaske Mennonite Church.
Martens, S. "The Founding of the Eyebrow-Tugaske General Conference Mennonite Church." Research paper, Canadian Mennonite Bible College, 1952, 16 pp. Mennonite Heritage Centre.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 282. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Rempel, John G. and Marlene Epp. "Eyebrow Mennonite Church (Eyebrow, Saskatchewan, Canada) (1926-1972)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/E972.html.
APA style: Rempel, John G. and Marlene Epp. (February 1989). Eyebrow Mennonite Church (Eyebrow, Saskatchewan, Canada) (1926-1972). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/E972.html.