Fairholme Mennonite Brethren Church (Speedwell, Saskatchewan, Canada)
Fairholme (also known as Speedwell) Mennonite Brethren Church, now extinct, situated 3 miles east and 8 miles north of Fairholme, Saskatchewan, a member of the North Saskatchewan M.B. Conference (now Saskatchewan Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches), was organized in 1926 under the leadership of John Kliewer with a membership of 13. The first building was occupied in 1929. The membership steadily increased to 116 by 1936, Because of heavy immigration to Ontario and British Columbia and because of local farming difficulties, the membership again decreased so that by 1948, when J. A. Enns, who had been leader since 1937, moved away with his family, the few members remaining transferred their membership to other churches.
Mennonite Historian (June 1988): 4.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, pp. 592-593. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Epp, J. H. and Marlene Epp. "Fairholme Mennonite Brethren Church (Speedwell, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/F355.html.
APA style: Epp, J. H. and Marlene Epp. (February 1989). Fairholme Mennonite Brethren Church (Speedwell, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/F355.html.