Goshen Mennonite Meetinghouse (Drayton, Ontario, Canada)
R.R. 2, Drayton, ON. Located at 6918 Wellington County Rd. 12, 1 km north of Concession Rd. 6-7. Minister Ira S. Brubacher served in 1986 as a non-salaried congregational leader. It has been affiliated with the Markham-Waterloo Mennonite Conference since its beginning in 1950. The language of worship is English and German. The language transition from German began in the 1940s.
The congregation began services at this meetinghouse in 1950. The first building was occupied in 1950 with expansion in 1955. The congregation originated through the colonization of Peel Township by Markham-Waterloo Mennonites. In 1992 the congregation divided into Goshen East and Goshen West.
Mennonite Encyclopedia, "Goshen."
Frey, Aden. "The Markham-Waterloo Conference of Ontario." Research paper, Conrad Grebel College, 1972, 38 pp.
Mennonites in Canada collection, "70-Markham-Waterloo." Mennonite Archives of Ontario.
Hiebert, Esther. "History of the Markham-Waterloo Conference." Research paper, Canadian Mennonite Bible College, 1980, 62 pp.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Steiner, Sam. "Goshen Mennonite Meetinghouse (Drayton, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1996. Web. 20 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/G678.html.
APA style: Steiner, Sam. (January 1996). Goshen Mennonite Meetinghouse (Drayton, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/G678.html.