Grace Evangelical Bible Church (Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada)
Grace Evangelical Bible Church began services in 1944, and formally organized in 1946. The members came to British Columbia mostly from Langham and Dalmeny, Saskatchewan. This church was organized in 1946 under the leadership of Abram Dickmann and Abram Warkentin. The initial membership was 25. The first meetinghouse, a cement foundation basement, was erected in 1948 (40 x 70). There was a subsequent building program in 1973. The leader and pastor in 1950 was Cornelius A. Wall, with deacon Henry Martens.
The group was originally known as Abbotsford Evangelical Mennonite Brethren Church and then Grace Evangelical Mennonite Brethren. In 1988 the name was changed to Grace Evangelical Bible Church when the mother conference changed its name from Evangelical Mennonite Brethren to Fellowship of Evangelical Bible Churches.
In 1985 there were 365 members. The language of worship is English.
Canadian Mennonite (21 October 1955): 6; (24 November 1961): 17.
Address: 2087 McMillan Road, Abbotsford BC V2S 4Y3
Web site: www.graceabbotsford.com
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Toews, A. A. and Marlene Epp. "Grace Evangelical Bible Church (Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. January 1988. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/G7325.html.
APA style: Toews, A. A. and Marlene Epp. (January 1988). Grace Evangelical Bible Church (Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/G7325.html.