Hepburn Gospel Church (Hepburn, Saskatchewan, Canada)
Box 288, Hepburn, SK, S0K 1Z0. (306) 947-2143. Located on 2nd Ave. E. Congregational chairperson Ken Hamm served in 2000 as a congregational leader. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference since 1966. The language of worship is English.
The congregation began services in 1964, and formally organized in 1966. The first building was occupied in 1964, with a subsequent building program in 1986. John D. Friesen and John Bergman are considered the founding leaders of the group.
The Hepburn Mennonite Brethren Church approached the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference and suggested they establish a second church in the area in order to reach more people.
Canadian Mennonite (10 November 1964): 1; (9 August 1966): 1.
EMMC Recorder (May 1984): 5.
Heppner, Jack. Search for Renewal: The Story of the Rudnerweider/Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference 1937-1987. Winnipeg,1987, 348 pp.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Hepburn Gospel Church (Hepburn, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/H463.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (February 1989). Hepburn Gospel Church (Hepburn, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/H463.html.