Hoffnungsfelder Mennonite Church (Glenbush, Saskatchewan, Canada)
The congregation began services in 1926, and formally organized in 1934. The first building was occupied in 1937, with a subsequent building program in 1975. The congregation originated through immigration from the Soviet Union. The language of worship is English; the transition from German occurred in the 1960s. The congregation was part of Hoffnungsfelder church group.
Barwald, Greg. "A Congregational History of Hoffnungsfelder Mennonite Church, Glenbush, Saskatchewan." Research paper, Canadian Mennonite Bible College, 1978, 22 pp. Mennonite Heritage Centre.
CMC Nexus (November 1996): 4-5.
Mennonite Reporter (4 August 1975): 10.
Address: Box 7, Glenbush, SK S0M 0Z0; located NE 21-49-14 West 3rd, Glenbush, SK
General Conference Mennonite Church (1934-1999)
Glenbush Congregation Membership
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Hoffnungsfelder Mennonite Church (Glenbush, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. July 2010. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/H6503.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (July 2010). Hoffnungsfelder Mennonite Church (Glenbush, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/H6503.html.