Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Mission Board
The Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Mission Board was an agency of the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference (Mennonite Church). It was organized on 1 December 1911 with the name "Mission Board of the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference." Its first executive committee consisted of N. E. Byers, president; B. B. King, vice- president; G. L. Bender, treasurer; Jacob K. Bixler, secretary; and O. S. Hostetler, fifth member. On 18 October 1913 it was reorganized as the Indiana-Michigan District Mennonite Mission Board. The word "District" was dropped from the name on 2 June 1914. The board was incorporated in Indiana on 13 August 1914, and admitted to do business in Michigan on 18 December 1923. In 1955, 27 mission stations under the board, located in Indiana, Michigan, and Kentucky. It published the Gospel Evangel, formerly the Rural Evangel. During the 1955 fiscal year the board spent $118,293.11.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 31. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Miller, Percy J. "Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Mission Board." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1958. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/I53595.html.
APA style: Miller, Percy J. (1958). Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Mission Board. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/I53595.html.