Junior Messenger (Periodical)
Junior Messenger, was a children's paper of the General Conference Mennonite Church which began publication as a biweekly on 1 January 1939, changed to a weekly and enlarged to 8 pages in 1943. It further enlarged to 7 1/2 x 10 1/2 inches in 1951. In 1956 it was enlarged to 9 x 12 inches. It was printed by the Mennonite Press, North Newton, Kansas for the Board of Education and Publication and was an official organ of the General Conference Mennonite Church. Editors have been Mrs. H. J. Andres, Mrs. T. A. van der Smissen, Mrs. Helena (Arnold) Regier, Mrs. Henry Funk, and Griselda Shelley. The circulation of the paper was approximately 4,000 during the 1950s. Junior messenger was combined with the Mennonite Church's Words of cheer in 1971 to become On the Line.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 128. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Claassen, Willard. "Junior Messenger (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/J858.html.
APA style: Claassen, Willard. (1957). Junior Messenger (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/J858.html.