Justice Mennonite Brethren Church (Justice, Manitoba, Canada)
Justice Mennonite Brethren Church was begun by Russian immigrants arriving in the Brookdale area in 1927. The congregation was formed in 1930 as the Brookdale Mennonite Brethren Church. Jacob A. Loewen is considered the founding leader of the group.
The congregation met to worship in private homes and rental facilities until 1944 when the first meeting place was built in the Justice area and the name was changed to Justice Mennonite Brethren Church. In 1953 a new meeting place was built on the same site.
The transition from German occurred in the 1950s.
Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies, Winnipeg, Manitoba. "Justice MB Church." Web. 17 March 2012. http://www.mbconf.ca/home/products_and_services/resources/published_genealogies/mb_provincial_conferences_and_church_congregation_records/manitoba_archives/justice_mennonite_brethren_church_archives/.
Mennonite Brethren Herald (27 May 1988): 38; (12 October 1990): 18.
Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies, Winnipeg, MB: Volume 420, Reel 88.
Address: P.O. Box 25, Justice, MB R0K 1C0
Location: SE 21-12-17
Mennonite Brethren Church of Manitoba (1931-present)
Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches (1931-present)
General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches (1931-2002)
Justice MB Church Ministers
Justice MB Church Membership
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Thiessen, Richard D. "Justice Mennonite Brethren Church (Justice, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2012. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/J878ME.html.
APA style: Thiessen, Richard D. (March 2012). Justice Mennonite Brethren Church (Justice, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/J878ME.html.