Kauffman Mennonite Church (Manheim, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania)
Kauffman Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church) was a member of the Lancaster Conference in 1957, located on the Kauffman farm on the Manheim Pike in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The congregation had formerly (prior to 1860) met at Sun Hill, several miles from the Manheim Pike location, but when it moved it adopted the name of its benefactor, Abraham Kauffman, who gave his farm of 97 acres to the church. The first meeting house here was built in 1860, enlarged in 1891, and remodeled around 1957. It was earlier a part of the Hernley-Erb circuit, but by 1957 had its separate ministers. Homer D. Bomberger was the bishop, William Heisey was minister, and Ernest Bauman, deacon in 1957. The membership in 1954 was 72.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, pp. 157-158. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Kauffman Mennonite Church (Manheim, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/K392.html.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1957). Kauffman Mennonite Church (Manheim, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/K392.html.