Kicin (Masovian Voivodeship, Poland)
Kicin (coordinates: 52.7436° N, 20.5247° E [52° 44′ 36.96″ N, 20° 31′ 28.92″ E]), a village near Vola-Vodzinska and 68 km. (42 mi.) north-west of Warsaw, Poland, was established by German Mennonite and Lutheran settlers on the estate of Count Kicinski around 1842. Evidently the Mennonite settlers came from the Deutsch-Kazun Mennonite settlement near Warsaw. Peter Ewert of this community took a large number of the Mennonites with him into the Baptist Church, which was started here in 1855. Mennonites of this community were probably members of the Vola-Vodzinska Mennonite Church, which in turn was a subsidiary of Deutsch-Kazun.
Kupsch, Eduard. Geschichte der Baptisten in Polen. Lodz, 1932: 59 ff.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 173. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Krahn, Cornelius and Richard D. Thiessen. "Kicin (Masovian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. October 2012. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/K515.html.
APA style: Krahn, Cornelius and Richard D. Thiessen. (October 2012). Kicin (Masovian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/K515.html.