Kronsgart Mennonite Brethren Church (Kronsgart, Manitoba, Canada)
Kronsgart, MB. Located north of Winkler. In 1950 there were 77 members; in 1965, 63. The congregation dissolved in 1973. It had been affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church of Manitoba, the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches and the General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches. The language of worship was German.
The congregation began services and formally organized in 1896 with Jacob Heide as leader. The first building was occupied in 1920 with a subsequent building program in 1954. The congregation originated through outreach by the Winkler Mennonite Brethren Church and the movement of some of that church's members to the Kronsgart area to farm.
Congregational leaders prior to 1955 included Jacob B. Penner, J. J. Buller, P. Shultz, G. Klassen, John J. Neufeld and A. A. Hyde.
After dissolution the church building was moved to Winkler Bible Institute for use as a chapel and library.
Toews, John A. A History of the Mennonite Brethren Church: Pilgrims and Pioneers. Fresno, CA, 1975: 156.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 248. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Redekop, H. H. and Marlene Epp. "Kronsgart Mennonite Brethren Church (Kronsgart, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 1989. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/K765ME.html.
APA style: Redekop, H. H. and Marlene Epp. (February 1989). Kronsgart Mennonite Brethren Church (Kronsgart, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/K765ME.html.